12/28/2009

A walk in the park...

A Sunday afternoon and I walk quietly through a park that, like it's name, sets me apart of everything....

I'm falling apart, barely breathing... It's cold, but the park is full of children, lovers, families enjoying the gift of time. I stand between them and the only thing that matters is the second I'm in. That single moment when I breathe and catch the sensations in the air.

I hear the choir singing, my mind wanders through time and I think of everything I have. In a place where the streets have no name for me, where I really don't belong, I feel the joy, the love. I feel grateful for this, the experience is priceless.

Can it be that it was all so simple then,
Or has time rewritten every line?
If I just had the chance to do it all again...*

And I come back to the trance, as I watch the smiles, the children playing and the leaves slowly falling on me...

*Barbra Streisand, The way we were.

No comments: